BEHAVIOUR AND CONDUCT
To encourage appropriate work habits and attitudes the school adheres to the code of behavior and conduct as below:
- Cell phones are to be turned off during class time
- Respect and thoughtfulness for fellow students and teachers.
- Punctuality for classes and rehearsals.
- Hair needs to be pulled back and off the neck in all classes.
- No gum chewing in the studio
- Be respectful of dance studio, change rooms and bathrooms.
- Do not leave any money or valuables unattended.
- Keep noise down at all times as there are other classes and rehearsals taking place.
- Proper dance wear to be worn in classes (see What to Wear).
- No food or drinks (except water) are allowed in the studio(s).
- Please refrain from bringing nut or nut products to the dance studios and change room areas.
Absences are to be phoned/text into the instructor. If a student is absent with no prior notification for two consecutive classes, the instructor will contact the executive and a call will be made to the student/parent. Continued or frequent absences are a large detriment to the progress of the individual dancer as well as the class as a whole. If a situation arises where a student has missed a considerable number of classes, the instructor will notify the executive and appropriate follow-up will be made with the student/parent. If a child is injured or minorly ill and is unable to participate but are able to watch their class we are asking that the parent/guardian send a note so the teacher is aware of the situation. If the dancer will be absent for an extended period of time, please advise the instructor(s) so that they can plan their classes accordingly.